Pride Academy®’s Mission: “We believe that every child and teenager deserve a childhood and adolescence that allows them to be successful throughout their years, in school through adulthood. Poverty, neglect, abuse, violence, separation from parents and learning disabilities greatly inhibit the potential of the child to become happy, successful, and contributing citizens in America. Pride Academy® concentrates on bringing the “village” approach to our children and teens by providing their families and communities with knowledge and resources such as fiscal responsibility, healthy habits, continuing education opportunities, and supportive needs services. Through our program, Pride Academy®, in partnership with the family, enables children to reach their potential. For more than 19 years, the agency has been a leader in providing a full range of services for children who are desperately in need.
[stm_title title_tag=”h4″ title_align=”center” title_color=”custom” title_font_weight=”700″ title=”“Belief to action” statement of the early childhood program” title_color_custom=”#8224e3″ title_font_size=”18px”][/stm_title]
- Every child deserves a childhood and has the right to reach his or her full potential.
- all children have the ability to learn and deserve to be taught and cared for as individuals.
- Children learn by example – adults who work with and live with young children should recognize themselves as models.
- Learning and living go hand-in-hand and cannot be separated.
children are naturally curious… Fostered and respected.
The value and dignity of each child and family should be respected.
- facilitate the learning and understanding of social skills and life rules.
- provide a rich environment for each child to progress in their social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills so that they can completely function in society.
- incorporate personal and social development, language, music, art, mathematics, science, social studies, physical development, health in the daily activities and experiences.
- recognize behavior of children as communication, use these behaviors to further understand each child and teach them to approach situations in a positive manner.
- ensure that each child is made to feel safe, secure and loved.
- provide experiences that engage children’s natural curiosity and encourage them to want to learn more about their world and themselves.
- learn about our children and families interest, talents and needs so we may be able to serve them to the best of our abilities.